Information on Family trip near Pune – Khodala
Place description :
- Khodala is said to be the best place to visit for nature lovers. It is off the beaten track and not yet visited by many travellers making it a safe haven while on vacation. It provides unparalleled views and the rustic beauty of the place is bound to win anyone over.
- For Family trip near Pune, Khodala can be your place of choice. Khodala is another hill station tucked away in the wooded regions of the Sahyadris, yet untouched by modern civilization. The scenic beauty, tribals, temples nearby is a major attraction for the tourists while trekking, hiking and camping grounds attract the adventure traveller.
- Khodala hill station has all kinds of places to visit. It has many peaks, the chief and highest of which is Suryamal Peak. The view from the top is mesmerising. The clean fresh air and the lush greenery is extremely beautiful and one has to see it to believe it.
- It is also home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. The Amala Wildlife Sanctuary preserves the natural environment and offers plenty to see and discover while in Khodala. The Sanctuary is also famous for opportunities of trekking and mountain biking.
- Home to the great Lord Ganesh, the Deobandh temple is another attraction at Khodala. It is famous for its Vinayak Chaturthi. It is located near the Wild Camp at Kherwadi, on the river side.
- There are limited places to stay but rest assured, this provides more exclusivity for every weary traveller. The people are hospitable and do their best to make every guest’s stay comfortable.
Place of Interest :
- Amala Wildlife sanctuary is home to many rare species of plants and animals. The fauna includes monkeys, bison, wild boar, antelopes, hyena, jackals among others. The sanctuary is also a treasure trove for birds like magpies, orioles and robins.
- The Vaitarana Lake is a beautiful, serene, majestic and untouched lake in Khodala. It is surrounded by picturesque views and lots of greenery.
- The tringalwadi Fort is reminiscent of Khodala’s history and it is a structure that will take any traveler back in time. One could camp or organise a small picnic here.
- The Igatpuri-Kasara Ghats is another place worth mentioning. It is easily accessible from Khodala.
- The Deobandh Temple is home to Lord Ganesh and is a must for any spiritual traveler.
- Mountain range Wild Camp is another reason to visit Khodala. Jeep Safaris, waterfall Rapelling, Mountain biking and adventure trail trekking are some of the facilities at this camp.
Distance From Pune : 148 Kms
Attraction: Amala Wildlife Sanctuary, Vaitarana Lake, Tringalwadi Fort, Igatpuri-Kasara ghats, Deobandh Temple
Restaurants: Mountain Range Wild Camp Resort
Shopping : Sweets and chocolates
Medical facilities near by: Kaddau Hospital
Route description: Map will be helpful to reach Khodala from Pune :
Emergency contact :
For Family trip near Pune, Khodala can be your place of choice. Khodala is another hill station tucked away in the wooded regions of the Sahyadris, yet untouched by modern civilization. The scenic beauty, tribals, temples nearby attract tourists while trekking, hiking and camping grounds attract the adventurous.