Information on Honeymoon Places near Pune – Khandala
Place description :
- If you are planning for some affordable as well as short distance tourist places near Pune, or are looking for gorgeous honeymoon places near Pune, then Khandala will certainly be your choice. Located in the Western Ghats, at the edge of Sahyadris, Khandala offers a magnificent view of the hills. With its sparkling lakes and lush green valleys, it is an ideal spot for a short vacation. Rock-climbing and hiking facilities are an added attraction for adventurous tourists. Situated it the bosom of nature, it suits everyone perfectly who are willing to spend a memorable vacation away from the hustle-bustle of the main cities.
- Khandala tourism has much to offer. It has great weather almost throughout the year and offers peace and relaxation to the travellers. There are plenty of Khandala hotels, suiting every need, budget and age. The Khandala resorts are exclusive and offer plenty of amenities to the guests. They can also aid in making travel plans.
- There are hundreds of places to visit in Khandala such as the Khandala Ghat, the Bushi dam, the Duke’s nose, the Karla Cave, the Tiger’s Leap, the Amrutanjan Point, the Monkey hill, the Rajmachi Fort, Bhaja Cave, the Bushi Lake, and much more. Shivaji Park, Visapur Fort, Lohagad Fort, the Reversing Station, Tungarli Lake, the Valvan Dam, Ryewood Park, Shooting point, Lonavla Lake, Beda Cave, Celebrity Wax museum, the Shivlinga, the Shingroba Temple, the Korigad Fort, the Shrivardhan Fort, the Sakur plateau, the Lohagad Darshan, the Tunga Fort, Kune Waterfalls, the Manoranjan Fort, Pavana Lake, the Lion’s Point are also among the Khandala Places to visit.
- Khandala Sightseeing offers many options from forts, temples, and points of interest, lakes, dams, waterfalls, and museums. People will have a lot to do while visiting the region. Khandala is also very close to Lonavala which makes travelling between two the two points or visting the sightseeing options in both the places very convenient.
- Tiger’s Leap, Amrutanjan Point, Duke’s Nose, Karla Cave, Bhushi Lake
- The Tiger’s Leap is a cliff point at over 650 metres, the shape of which resembles a tiger. It is a very popular tourist viewing point of interest.
- Amrutanjan Point is located in the beginning of the Khandala Ghat. It is a valley from where one could spot many other famous Khandala places worth visiting. The view is simply superb and the area is filled with lush greenery.
- The Duke’s Nose is so called because the point resembles the shape of the erstwhile Duke of Wellington’s nose. One could view the mountain range from this point. It is very picturesque and provides a view of all that nature has to offer.
- The Karla Caves dates back to the second century. It is said to contain the largest and probably the finest collection of the Chaityas, that is, Buddhist worship halls. There is a temple at the mouth of the cave.
- The Bushi Lake and the Bushi dam are one of the most popular tourist spots in the entire state. It is very beautiful and serene and surrounded by lush greenery.
Distance From Pune :62 Kms
Attraction: Tiger’s Leap, Amrutanjan Point, Duke’s Nose, Karla Cave, Bhushi Lake
Restaurants: High Point Bar and Restaurant, Panorama Cafe
Shopping : Chikki, Canned Jam and Snacks
Medical facilities near by: Akshaya Heart & Multi Speciality Hospital, Asg Hospital Pvt. Ltd., Rajdeep Hospital, Getwell Hospital
Emergency contact :Police Station: 02114 73822