Information on Hill stations near Pune-Mahabaleshwar
Place description :
- If planning a trip to the hill stations near Pune, then pack your bag for Mahabaleswar especially for its serene beauty. Mahabaleshwar is a hill station located in the Western Ghats range. The Mahabaleshwar temple is a popular site for pilgrims and the enchanting hills serve as an ideal tourist spot for people all over India. Panchgani, a place near Mahabaleshwar, is also a very famous place visited by tourists. Known for its evergreen forests, honey and strawberries, Mahabaleshwar is a must-visit place for anyone visiting Maharashtra.
- Mahabaleshwar has earned the distinction of being called the Mini Kashmir. It must be the charm of the surrounding areas, coupled with tradition, spirituality and growth in tourism. Mahabaleshwar tourism has been growing steadily the past years, and has reached great heights. It is a very safe place. One can choose this destination for its proximity to both Mumbai and Pune. It is also a good getaway choice for couples or even for a trip with friends and families. One can come here simply to relax for a couple of days and get away from the city rush or plan a longer trip taking time to visit all the spots or Mahabaleshwar points.
- Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar are the Lingamala Falls, the Lodwick Park, the Elphinstone point, the Panchaganga Mandir, and the Pratapgad Fort. The Elephant’s Head Point, the Baghdad Point, Mount Malcolm, and the Venna Lake are also important Mahabaleshwar tourist attractions. Mahabaleshwar attractions include forts, temples, waterfalls, rivers, dams and points of interest.
- Places to visit near Mahabaleshwar includes the Mapro Gardens which is known for its huge strawberry plantations and provisions of many local products packaged and sealed such as fruit juices, squashes, fruit crush, shakes, etc. Panchgani too has many attractions for the tourists including table Land, which is the second largest mountain plateau in Asia along with having historical significance of being related to the Pandavas.
- There are innumerable Mahabaleshwar hotels in the area to suit every need and budget. Mahabaleshwar Resorts are more exclusive and expensive but also providing the highest quality of service and the best views from the hotel room itself.
Places to Visit:
- Mahabaleshwar is known for its points from where one can enjoy the beautiful view of the surrounding area. Some such points are: the Arthur’s Seat, Kate’s Point, Needle Hole Point, and the Wilson Point. The Venna Lake is one of the most beautiful water bodies in the region.
- There are also forts in the area such as the Pratapgad Fort or temples like the Panchaganga Mandir.
Distance From Pune : 120 kms
Attraction: Mahabaleshwar is knows for its points from where one can enjoy the beautiful view of the surrounding area. Some such points are: Arthur’s Seat, Kate’s Point, Needle Hole Point, Wilson Point; Venna lake
Restaurants: Citrus Chambers, Hotel Savoy Village, Hotel Templeview
Shopping : “Corn Pattice”, Strawberries with Cream
Medical facilities near by: K.N. Gujar Memorial Hospital, Mane Hospital, Sanjeevan Icu Pvt. Ltd.
Route description: Map will be helpful to reach Mahabaleshwar from Pune:
Emergency contact : POLICE STATION: 02168-260333