What to see and do in Bhimashankar :
- Having the most significant temples near Pune, Bhimashankar has been identified as the heaven for all pilgrims. Bhimashankar Temple is a heaven for pilgrims because it has one of the jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva.
- The Bhimshankar Temple timings range from 4.30 am till 9.30 pm.
- Tourists are also attracted because of the Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary which houses the ‘shekru’, the state animal of Maharasthra. Bhimashankar is surrounded by greenery and you can enjoy your trip fully.
- The Bhimshankar hills make the area even more serene and special. They are a part of the Sahyadri range and are simply gorgeous to look at. The place is also the origin of the River Bhima.
- Places to visit in Bhimashankar are the Sakshi Vinayak, the holy Bhimshankar jyotirlinga, and the Gupt Bhimashankar. The Hanuman Lake is also located here which is a wonderful place to visit with family and friends.
- Bhimashankar Forest is a dense forest filled with many varieties of flora and fauna.It is especially renowned for its Bhimashankar Trek which is laden with adventure and great sightseeing. Ganesh Route and the Siddhi Route are the two popular trek routes taken by the tourists. The Padar Killa falls in the way of the trek.
- Places to visit near Bhimshankar are the Narayangaon vineyards, plateaus of Peth and Matheran, the Shivneri Fort, Junnar, and the Malshej Ghat.
- There are plenty of Bhimshankar Hotels as the place provides ample tourist attractions and many people visit the area. The Bhimashakar Resorts cater to every need of the guests.
Places to visit :
- The Hanuman Lake is one of the most beautiful natural wonders in the region.
- The Bhimshankar Temple is a must visit place for all the tourists.
- Bhimshankar is renowned for having the origin of the river Bhima.
- Places of interest are the Sakshi Vinayak, the Bombay point, the Gupt Bhimshankar, and the Nag Phani.
How to travel to Bhimashankar from Pune?
Bhimashankar is located at the top hill and there are small villages on the way. The nearest place where you can expect all transportation/amenities is Manchar. You must be wondering if there are any trains from Pune to Bhimashankar? Unfortunately there are no trains from Pune to Bhimashankar and vice versa. The temple is located at the high hill with minimal scope of transportation.
Below are the ways of travelling to Bhimashankar from Pune-
1) State transport buses which departs from Shivaji Nagar ST stand every 30 mins to 1 hour gap.
A word of caution– You need nerves of steel to travel by ST buses and specially if you are sitting towards the end of the seats. The ST bus drivers don’t even bother about speed breakers or potholes on the way. If you are sitting towards the front and thrilling drives entertain you, go ahead and take a ride!!
2) Book your personal cab to and fro. This would be the easiest way if you can afford a bit higher on your wallet.
Are there any luxury/private buses or shared cabs to travel to Bhimashankar from Pune? Apparently, the answer is no. You will have to rely on ST bus, own private cab or own vehicle to travel to this place.
Distance From Pune : 127 Kms
Attraction: Hanuman Lake, Gupt Bhimashankar, Origin of River Bhima, Nag Phani, Bombay Point, Sakshi Vinayak
Restaurants: Blue Mormon Jungle Holiday Reort, Aswad Lunch Home, Khed.
Shopping : Handicraft and wooden stuffs
Medical facilities near by: Kasturba Hospital, Khed, Bhimashankar Multispeciality Hospital Private Limited
Route description: Map will be helpful to reach Bhimashankar from Pune: