Information on Hill station near Pune – Durshet
Place description :
- If you want to live with the nature, then chalk out a plan for Durshet, a hill station near Pune. In the Raigad District of Maharashtra, Durshet is a forest-covered hill stop in the Sahyadri Range. Blessed with a perennial green cover and waterfalls, it provides an invigorating experience for those who want to get away from the dissonance of city life for a few days.
- The nature trails Durshet is bound to get any avid trekker excited. It is filled with lush greenery and beautiful winding pathways, where one could simply get lost in the majestic beauty of nature. People can come here and fulfil all their passions, be it adventure, spiritualism, or photography, or plain relaxation.
- The Durshet forest is home to a variety of flora and fauna and it has been well maintained and preserved.
- Durshet tourism has taken off in recent years with growing knowledge of all that Dursheet has to offer. Two important tourist places in Dursheet are the Varad Vinayak Temple and the Shri Ballaleshwar Ashtavinayaka.
- The Varad Vinayak Temple was established in 1925 by the Peshwas. There are two idols on two sides of the temple. One is in white marble and the other is covered in vermillion. The idol of Ganapatti Bappa is exotic due to the structure and positioning of the trunk. To the north of the temple, there is a cows mouth formation like a Gomukh, from where devotees and temple staff draw holy water. The Nandadeep is famous in this temple as it has been burning since the year 1892.
- Attractions near Durshet include the Karnala Fort, Amba River and the Sarasgad fort. The Sarasgad fort is located on the edge and in between the fort and the Amba River lays the Shri Ballaleshwar Ashtavinayaka. The Sarasgad fort takes one back in history and makes for some amazing photography as well as a day trip away from the constant adventure that one can experience in Dursheet.
Places to Visit:
- Amba River is the main river that flows through Durshet. It is a challenging river for adventure buffs as many activities are carried out here like pond dipping and river crossing. It also provides many waterfalls for the tourists to enjoy.
- Sarasgad fort is a unique architectural marvel in Durshet, nestled in the midst of nature.
- The Karnala Fort is located 12 km away from Durshet and perfect for a day trip. The fort is also home to a very famous bird sanctuary which is very attractive for bird and nature lovers.
- Shri Ballaleshwar Ashtavinayak Temple and Shri Vanad Vinayak Temple are the two religious places in Durshet. Not only is the quiet town locked in beauty, but also provides the spiritual solace that every man seeks.
- The Jungle Safari is must if one is visiting Durshet. It is the best way to enjoy the unparalleled beauty of the place. It is bound to get every wildlife traveller very excited. Durshet is also an excellent place for photography.
Distance From Pune : 116 Kms
Attraction: Amba River, Sarasgad Fort, Shri Ballaleshwar Ashtavinayak Temple, Shri Vanad Vinayak Temple, Jungle safari
Restaurants: Durshet Forest Lodge, Kumar Resort Restaurant, Sheetal Da Dhaba, Duchess Restaurant
Shopping : Not much
Medical facilities near by:
Route description: Map will be helpful :
Emergency contact : SP, Raigad District Police Station: 02141-222098